Guess what time it is you guys?! ITS GOLDEN WEEK FESTIVAL
This Friday, JA will be hosting the Golden Week Festival. There will be food and performances from varies UT organizations, as well has other organizations from other school in the state of Texas.
In Japan, on April 29 and May 3-5, there are various consecutive holidays that are celebrated. These holidays are grouped to be known as Golden Week (a.k.a ゴールデンウィーク ; which is also known as Ōgon Shūkan).
Here are the following Holidays that falls within Golden Week
- The Emperors Holiday(天皇誕生日 Tennō Tanjōbi) until 1988
- Greenery Day (みどりの日 Midori no Hi) from 1989 – 2006
- Shouwa Day (昭和の日 Shōwa no Hi) from 2007
- Constitution Memorial Day (憲法記念日 Kenpō Kinenbi)
- Citizen’s Holiday (国民の休日 Kokumin no Kyūjitsu), from 1985 until 2006
- Greenery Day (みどりの日 Midori no Hi), from 2007
- Children’s Day (こどもの日 Kodomo no Hi),
also customarily known as Boys’ Day (端午の節句 Tango no Sekku)
For those of you who would like to volunteer, please make it out to the meeting on Thursday April 18, 2013 in the usually meeting building for we will be discussing how the event will be runned, what you will be doing, and what time to show up.
Here are some pictures from last years Golden Week
These are just a few of the excitement to be awaited
hope you come out and enjoy the show
I hope everyone is having a great spring break…school is starting just around the corner so get all that parti-ness out of you before school start.
Some upcoming events for JA are…
Taste Across Asia (which I believe is the week right after spring break) and Golden Week (which is in April)
Don’t forget, I believe there is a JA meeting on Thursday the 21st as well
See you there
JA’s Golden Week Festival is coming up! If you would like to submit a T-shirt design, email the JPEG file to email@example.com. Please submit a finalized design only (no sketches), and an example of both the front and back of the shirt. The winner for the T-shirt Design contest will be awarded $20 in cash! The deadline is the end of this month (February 28th)! Here’s a condensed list of what should be on the T-shirt:
1) Include this text either on the front or back: Japanese Association, Golden Week 2013, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: utexasja.org
2) Include the text “Sponsors” and a space for a list of our sponsors.
3) Design that somehow symbolizes Golden Week, or has Golden Week as a theme
4) Must be 3 colors (2 design colors + 1 Shirt Color), 2 total colors (1 design color + shirt color) would be ideal!!
5) Design must fit in a rectangular imaginary box located under the collar of the T-shirt. So basically, no fancy designs that extend around the collar/ around the sleeves, etc.
6) I know I don’t need to mention this but just in case: Keep the design PG! We have kids at our events who sometimes want our shirts.
I hope everyone had a wonderful winter break. We all wish (or at least some of us) are not too excited about school starting, but that just means that we are one step closer to never having to go to school again… YAY!!!!!
Well I just wanted to wish everyone good luck with there first week of spring 2013 and keep a look out for more JA events
I know some of yall have started taking your finals this week. I just want to say good luck on finals and have a fun and exciting holiday break! Eat lots of food before coming back to school